Sunday, November 23, 2008

The stories come back!

So, the improper way to deal with an ex who treated you badly...would probably be letting him into your apartment, have carnal relations with him (of course pulling stunts he never saw you pulling when you were dating) ...then after all is done and he is laying there panting, lean up on an elbow looking at him for a long moment and saying

"You know, that just wasn't as good as I remembered. hmph. Well. You can go now" then going and taking a shower until he leaves.

That being said when the ex is the guy who basically all but proposed to you and then at some point in your relationship vanished (no answers to phone calls, emails, he could have been dead if it weren't for your mutual friends telling you about his play boy escapades)...then the guy has the nerve to show back up one day and treat you like nothing has changed.

This happened years and years ago, but it is a story of one of my particular brands of antics that has gone around to my girlfriends and actually come back to me since from a completely different source.

A friend who was mad about a similar situation, who didn't know me at the time of the ex, said she was tempted to do something like she heard in a story from a friend of a friend. She recounted it in detail which made me blink. The details were pretty sound for a game of telephone!

Ah the days of my youth...so glad I never have to repeat them!


No comments: